This speedy full-frame 50mm f/1.2L ($1,400, street) fills a vacancy left by the demise of Canon's 50mm f/1.0L four years ago. The company's only L-series normal lens, it's the fastest normal AF lens on the planet.
The EF 50mm f/1.2L USM features
* Latest Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast and near silent auto focus
* Full-time manual focus override
* Super Spectra coatings and optimised lens element shaping to suppress flare and ghosting
* Environmental seals providing dust and moisture resistance
* Circular aperture diaphragm for beautifully even background bokeh and removal of distracting backgrounds
* Distance information passed back to the new E-TTL II flash algorithm of all current model digital EOS cameras
* Minimum focus distance 45cm
* Lens hood and pouch included in the box.