Adobe recently released updates for Photoshop 11.0.1, Camera RAW 5.3 and Lightroom 2.3.
The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom? 1.3.1 update includes these enhancements:
● Additional camera support for the Canon 1Ds Mark III, Nikon D3, Nikon D300, Olympus E-3, and more
● Updated Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard support
Lightroom 1.3.1 includes additional corrections for the following issues:
(These issues are specific to the 1.3.1 update. Lightroom 1.3.1 also includes all of the previous updates listed for Lightroom 1.3 below)
● The Lightroom 1.3 Print Module could previously cause the application to crash on either OS X 10.5 or 10.5.1 during
● On Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5.1, the import process from a card reader or other device into Lightroom could fail to import
all or a portion of the selected images.
● A decrease in Develop slider responsiveness introduced in Lightroom 1.3 has been corrected.
● The Lightroom 1.3 Develop module could cause the application to crash if adjustments were made in quick succession.
● Compressed raw files from the Nikon D100 were read incorrectly in Lightroom 1.3.
● A possible artifact in raw file support for the Olympus E-3 has been corrected.
● The Lightroom FTP Plug-in provided as sample code with the Export SDK did not function properly if the password
was not saved with the selected FTP preset.
● Editing or creating a new FTP preset immediately prior to using the FTP plug-in provided as sample code with the Export SDK would cause the FTP process to fail.
● Using the Export as Previous option did not work with the FTP plug-in provided as sample code with the Export SDK.
Lightroom 1.3 includes corrections for the following issues:
● Writing XMP metadata automatically has been corrected for performance issues
● Printing with the native resolution option enabled no longer sets the wrong dimension for portrait oriented images
● Prior to Camera Raw 4.3 there was the possibility that artifacts in edge transitions could be introduced through the
Bayer demosaic and luminance noise reductions algorithms. This has been corrected.
● The Canon sRAW format and the Fuji compressed RAF formats are now supported.
Lightroom 1.3 includes the following enhancements:
● The import dialog now offers the option to render 1:1 previews as part of the import process
● The export dialog layout has been enhanced
● A Lightroom Preview Export SDK is available for developers to create and distribute Export Plug-ins. Further details
are located on Adobe Labs
The new Flickr world map will allow people to discover “timely images” and “key themes” being photographed around the world, while Places give people a closer look at more than 100,000 locations across the globe.
The mapping enhancements include a new, improved world map where people can easily view popular and up-to-date themes (represented by hot tags) in various languages across the globe.
Clicking on any tag will take people to a selection of current photos from that location, providing a glimpse of the interesting and newsworthy things going on there.
Currently, there are more than 30 million public geo-tagged photos on Flickr.
The new Places feature provides a zoomed-in way to explore more than 100,000 locations from around the world (cities, states, countries, regions) through interesting and recent photos, groups, tags, and featured photographers of that place.
Places pages also include some local information such as regional maps, weather and current time.
These new features are available globally, in eight languages including English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Korean and traditional Chinese.
Content Description / Modifications:
*Support for RAW pictures taken with the D3 and D300 has been added.
*Support for Picture Control has been added.
*A Picture Control has been added to Camera Adjustments in the Base Adjustments. The Color Mode, Tone Compensation, Saturation, and Sharpening items in Camera Adjustments, as well as the Hue Adjustment in RAW Adjustments, have been moved to the new Picture Control item.
*An Active D-Lighting item has been added to RAW Adjustments in the Base Adjustments. This feature is only available with RAW images captured with Active D-Lighting enabled.
*The White Balance item has been moved to RAW Adjustments in the Base Adjustments, and Sodium Vapor Lamps and High Temperature Mercury Vapor (7200K) settings have been added.
*RAW images can now be saved with lossless compression.Images captured in lossless-compressed RAW format can now be saved in lossless-compressed RAW format, regardless of camera model.(Limited to use with images captured with Nikon digital-SLR cameras.)
*The vignette control function, which was previously for use only with RAW images, can now be used with JPEG- and TIFF- format images. (Limited to use with images captured with Nikon digital-SLR cameras.)
*The function for modifying images captured with a fisheye lens, available in Lens Adjustments in the Base Adjustments, is now compatible with the AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D.
*Features for editing RAW images, previously available in the Camera Settings palette, have been eliminated.
* D2XMODE1: This optional Picture Control simulates color reproduction at a D2X/D2XS Color mode setting of I. Skin tones and gradations are reproduced naturally with rich reproduction of tones;
* D2XMODE2: This optional Picture Control simulates color reproduction at a D2X/D2XS Color mode setting of II. This optional Picture Control is suited to images that will be extensively processed or retouched;
* D2XMODE3: This optional Picture Control simulates color reproduction at a D2X/D2XS Color mode setting of III. Choose for nature or landscape shots. Greens and blues are vividly reproduced.
*To achieve a level of brightness similar to that of images captured with the D2X/D2XS, set Picture Control Brightness to -1.
Color reproduction precisely the same as that achieved with D2X/D2XS Color mode settings I, II, and III is not guaranteed with the three D2XMODE1, D2XMODE2, and D2XMODE3 optional Picture Controls.
*D2XMODE1-3 optional Picture Controls must be registered with the camera before custom Picture Controls, based on D2XMODE1-3, can be created using Capture NX or ViewNX and registered with the camera.
D2X Mode Optional Picture Controls for D300 cameras – Windows
D2X Mode Optional Picture Controls for D300 cameras – Macintosh
D2X Mode Optional Picture Controls for D3 cameras – Windows
D2X Mode Optional Picture Controls for D3 cameras – Macintosh
Nikon says the latest version of the software, Capture NX v1.3, will give professional photographers the “creative freedom to develop and enhance shots”, particularly when shooting in RAW format.
Initial shipments of the new cameras will come with a product key that will unlock a downloaded trial version of NX available from the web site. A CD ROM version will be bundled with D300 and D3 from December.
Read the full article below: